Monday, January 5, 2015

Poppy Seed Bread

I've always thought baked goods are great as a gift, and for Christmas this year I gave some colleagues and neighbors some delicious poppy seed bread.  My mother-in-law had given me this recipe years ago, but I had never gotten around to trying it. I have had her bread before--and it's delish--so I thought it would make a great holiday gift. Oh and did I mention how easy it is to make? Super easy, so its great for last minute gifts or if you just are craving some yummy bread.

Here is the recipe:

1 package of yellow cake mix--any brand
1 package of vanilla pudding mix--smaller box
1 cup of hot water
1/2 cup of oil
4 eggs
1/4 cup of poppy seeds
1 Tbsp of lemon extract--optional

Mix and fill two smaller greased loaf pans half way up.
Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes

My MILs original recipe doesn't have lemon in it, but I thought it would be fun to make some with lemon and some without. So to add the lemon flavor I added 1 Tbsp of lemon extract, and it was great! My husband likes it without the lemon...so do whichever you prefer!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...