Saturday, September 7, 2013

My friend zucchini!!

Tis the tail end of zucchini season here in Alaska and this year my plants blessed me with lots and lots of zucchini.  Not so much that I was out in the middle of the night blessing my neighbors with zucchini but enough to have me scouring Pinterest for some new savory and sweet recipes. I tried out a lot of new recipes and decided to share them with you , just in case you might still be up to your ears in zucchini!

Super easy side dish and it was a hit with everyone.

A perfect snack for little hands!

I loved these!! I made them in a regular muffin tin rather than a jumbo tin and would watch them closely while baking. My first batch was a little dry. Second one turned out perfect! I would also add another banana and a bit more vanilla.  Definitely making these again!!

This is the moistest bread and just might be my favorite!!  I would put this one on the top of your list!

I inhaled these! So delicious and low cal!

I used green striped squash from the garden instead of yellow and it was perfect dish for the cooler evenings we are starting to get! It was a hit with the husband as well which is a challenge especially when it is a meatless entree :)!

7.  Sausage stuffed Zucchini Boats - Skinny Taste
I could eat these everyday!


8.  Zucchini Bread
recipe courtesy of Deb Feys

2 loaves
mix wet ingredients together well
3 beaten eggs
1 C oil
2 C sugar
2 t vanilla
Dry ingredients : mix well and add to above
3 C flour
1 t salt
1 t soda
2 t cinnamon
1 1/4 t baking powder

mix well and add
2 C shredded/grated zucchini

bake 350 degrees  for 1 hour -  I baked it for 50 mins and it came out perfectly moist!


I hope you have fun trying out some of these recipes and If you have some favorite zucchini recipes I'd love to hear about them!



Nathania

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...