Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Challenge #8 - linen closet

 It has been a little hectic around here lately with travels and school for Sarah and for me not sleeping well and heartburn towards the end of my pregnancy so our challenge completion has been a little sketchy as of late!! But I did attempt this last one and a late post is better than no post in my books so here it is.
Here was the challenge...

Challenge #8 Linen: Mismatched sheets, pillowcases, old towels. Can you repurpose any of it before you throw it out? Betcha you can. I dare you.

I have to be honest, I didn't re-purpose anything from my linen closet but in the spirit of the challenge I did pull out a badly neglected project!  Besides towels and sheets I also keep tablecloths and napkins in mine so I pulled out and re-sized a tablecloth that I had purchased yrs ago.  When I bought it I didn't realize it was way too big for my table but decided that my crafty self could re-size it and make napkins with the extra fabric in no time, yeah right!!!!

 Today I finally cut off the extra 30 inches of fabric and had enough to cut out 8 napkins and then the fun began...ironing the hems. I really, really hate ironing but it sure made it easy to finish up the sewing! Even if it was tedious.


Even though I do hate ironing I really did iron the tablecloth prior to this picture!  I really need a new one!! Anyone out there have an iron they love to bits??


Nathania


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...