Sunday, March 9, 2014

St Patricks Day Craft

With St. Patty's Day coming up I decided to make a banner for the front door with Aria and finally take down the Valentines Day wreath!! I thought we should make a 3 leaf clover banner but Aria decided a 4 leaf clover would be much better :-) so 4 leaf clover it was!!

  I grabbed some white and green plaid fabric from my stash, 3 corks, green craft paint and paint brushes and we got started.   I cut the four leaf clover from the white fabric and using the corks with green paint Aria made some awesome 3 leaf clover prints on it while I added the stems.


After the paint dried I bonded the 4 leaf clover to the green plaid, hemmed the edges and added twine to hang it up.  I wanted to add weight to the top and bottom so it wouldn't flap around in the wind so before I sewed the hems shut I put 2 bamboo skewers each into the top and bottom hems. It's what I had on hand and it worked perfectly :-)! 

Start to finish it took about an hour and we both had fun making it! I loved seeing how excited Aria was to put it on our door!!

What crafts have you done for St Patty's Day?
Nathania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...