Monday, March 3, 2014

Bracelets and headbands

What do you do when you're bored? I usually do something with fabric...but if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time you would know that!
The other day I was bored and wanted to make something creative, but relatively easy, so that I could actually finish it. I'm a notorious non finisher when it comes to my projects. I went it the abyss of a craft room and came up with two very easy projects.

The first one is a bangle or bracelet or whatever you wanna call it.
What you need is the following: 
some random clear rings that you bought scarves on--or some ugly bracelets you don't like any more:)
scrap fabric and/or ribbon
some modge lodge
a paintbrush


I wrapped the fabric and ribbon around the loop and then finished it off with modgepodge so that the ends were sealed and wouldn't fray. 

Took 10 minutes start to finish. 
They are even pretty stylish if I do say so myself...now if only I were stylish...

The next project I did that same night was to make the simplest ribbon headband ever.
I went to the craft room again---can hardly believe I made it out---and found some vintage ribbon and some elastic. 

I measured about an inch of elastic and sewed it on the ribbon on the back with a zig-sag stitch. The elastic allows you to get it over your head with the majority of the headband being ribbon, and you only have a bit of the elastic showing. It works for people who wear headbands with their hair up in a ponytail--like me:)

Then I took this really awkward self portrait. 

Whats great about the ribbon headband is that it's not too tight. I often get headaches because headbands are too tight. I made this one the exact tightness I wanted and I wear it all the time--without a headache.

So thats what I do when I'm bored. What about you?
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...