Friday, September 28, 2012

I love free things...

I love to get things for cheap and free is even better! Like this box of apples I passed on my way to a playdate.  I slowed down, almost stopped but passed on by...why? Call it a momentary lapse in judgement and I was kicking myself by the time I got to our playdate especially as my friend was making spiced crabapples and her house smelled delicious!! As luck would have it they were still there on our way home, woo hoo!!  I was pretty stoked and decided to make applesauce out of these little gems! 

I must have been really enthusiastic as my husband even gave me a hand and we had it made in no time!  I have no idea what kind of apples these are, just that they are alaskan grown and a tad on the tart side. We added some brown sugar and cinnamon and it turned out rather tasty, just a hint of tartness.  Not bad for our first try!  I have some left and I think I may add some store bought apples and see if that will help cut the tartness more as I don't really want to add a whole lot of sugar.

I was so happy to have a reason to use this strainer thingamagig, it will survive the cupboard yearly purge once more!

Taking a bath

All clean and ready to eat!

Nathania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...