Monday, February 13, 2012

ready, set, random!!!

Whose up for a ridiculously random post? Well guess what? That's what this is going to be...RANDOM!!!
Why random? Because I have little projects going all the time...so this may turn into a weekly post.

1. We're making dog toys!!! What?!! Dog toys? Yup...my s-i-l sent us a fleece toy for Lucy for Christmas...and she absolutely loves it. So it got me thinking...why not make dog toys out of the extra fleece we have? We always have strips of fleece that aren't big enough for mitten parts, so in our frugal way, we made something useful out of them. Isn't my model cute?


2. We were able to hang up the hoops that I had made for Arias room yesterday...but the best place to put them were on the yellow wall in her room....and I had made a yellow hoop...that if it was hung up you wouldn't be able to see...it was the exact shade of the walls. So I'm going to change it up and put in some blue.

3. I made my way into the realm of dying this past week. We've been doing some painting in our downstairs bathroom, and I had this teal shower curtain that just wasn't matching....I wanted it to turn into more of a pea green...so I first put it in a bath of yellow...
...and this is what I got...Fluorescent green.

I did try dying it again with a tan...which got it much closer to the color I wanted, but somehow the dye didn't all dissolve and I have some bright red splotches on it now...boo! I'm going to try to make it a darker brown so you can't see the spots. I will update with a better picture later. But in the meantime, does anyone know how to prevent the splotches? I'm almost positive everything was dissolved in boiling water first!

So hows that for random? Dog Toys, Camouflage Hoops, and botched dying....
Now the real question is...what have you been working on?

Happy Day!
sarah

P.S. Nathania and I are working on a series for March....it's gonna be a good one. SO stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I think it might help if you did it a much larger container!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats my sink...the only thing I have bigger is a bathtub!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...