My garden has done quite well this year, well...save for the slug infestation...but nevertheless I have yielded quite the crop the year.
These are my second and third zucchini I have harvested. I have about 10 more growing so I'm hoping this nice weather sticks around so they can get bigger!
Of course one of the favorite ways to eat this lovely veggie is to make it into a bread. You still get the nutrients, right?
I shredded both of the zucchini to put into the bread.
I found a recipe online but changed it to make my own...mostly because I realized at this point I didn't have enough eggs or flour.
It got a little runny...I was a bit worried when I put it in the oven, but then it came out like...
...this. Perfect right? Did I mention we only have one loaf left after a day? Super tasty as well. So without further ado I give you...
Sarah's Fantastical Garden Zucchini Bread
(da da duh da!!!)
2 good sized zucchinis shredded
1 cup olive oil...could use veggie oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
(probably could have used less...)
2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1. Cream oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar together. Add water and mix well.
2. Add dry ingredients and beat well
3. Stir in zucchini until well combined
4. Pour batter into greased and floured pans (2 8x4 loaf pans)
5. Bake at 325 F or 165 C for about 50 minutes. Test the center until the tester comes out clean.
6. Cool bread in pans for about 20 minutes, remove from pans and cool bread completely before
Hope you enjoy it!