Sunday, January 29, 2012

chicken mushroom potpie

Recipe time! I've really been on a good cooking kick lately and the slow cooker is my friend.
This time I made chicken mushroom potpie.
You'll need:
8 oz of mushrooms halved if large
4 carrots cut up
1 med. onion, chopped
1/3 c flour
2 sprigs of thyme (I used dry and just used a little less...I guestimated)
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken
Salt and Pepper
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1 cup of frozen peas( I used two cause I didn't have the green beans)
1 cup of frozen green beans
1/3 cup heavy cream
1. In your slow cooker mix up the flour, mushrooms, carrots, onion, thyme, bay with 1/2 cup of water...this is what the recipe says, but I think it may need a little more water...
2. Put the chick on top of the mixture ans season it with salt and pepper
3. Cook until the chicken and veggies are tender...about 4 hours high or 7 hours low
4. About a half hour before serving, turn oven to 425, cut the pastry into squares and put on a baking sheet...bake for about 8 minutes.
5. About 10 minutes before serving add the frozen veggies and the cream and stir to combine it all. Cover slow cooker and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until it's all heated through.
6. Serve with the pastry squares.

This was another easy recipe...but like I said I may add a little more water at the beginning as there wasn't enough liquid in the end for my liking.

Happy Cooking!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...