I'm not a very good cook...but I'm getting better. I've decided that I am going to branch out this week and make a few new recipes...and of course share them if they are tasty!
This is a recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala. It's an Indian dish. Andy and I love this food, but haven't thought to make it, so when I found this recipe I knew it was one to try. Plus, it's a slow cooker recipe....can't mess it up too easily:)
1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp garam masala
(if you can't find use 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp cinnamon. 1/4 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp ground cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a pinch of cayenne)
Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken (I used chicken breast)
1/2 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. In a slow cooker put the tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, garam masala, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper. Leave those on the bottom and place the chicken on the top.
2. Cover and cook for 7 hours on low or 3 hours on high
3. Make the cucumber salad by mixing the cucumbers, lemon juice and cilantro with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
4. Just before serving, stir the cream into the chicken mixture.
5. Serve over cooked rice, with the cucumbers
It was sooooo tasty and sooo easy:) Our grocery store was out of cilantro when I was there so I had to make the recipe without it...but it was still very good. Andy claims that it wouldn't be as good without the cucumbers, so don't forget them!
It was cold again today...really cold....but this was a great meal to warm your insides:)
Linked up to: