As I mentioned earlier this week...cooking is not so much a forte of mine, but I'm getting better and much to Andy's delight I cooked every day so far this week, which I think may be a record! Pretty sad but true! So Wednesday I made some very tasty, calzones. Here's the recipe:
1 roll of crescent roll dough
1. Roll out the dough so its a whole sheet and a little thinner...I was able to get two huge calzones from one roll
2. Put sauce, cheese and toppings on one half, fold over and pinch the sides together
3. Cook at 375 on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes
4. While baking, mix some fresh garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil together, brush mixture on immediately after it comes out of the oven
See?! Super easy!
I also made a soup this week...but got some really terrible pictures. It's not the most beautiful soup, but tasty it is. It's a Sausage Potato Soup
1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or polish sausage, diced
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 celery rib, sliced
1/4 cup sliced carrot
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley(I used dried and it was fine...just don't use as much!)
1. Brown Sausage over medium heat, drain and set aside
2. Put potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot, and seasoning in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender
4. Add the milk, cheese, parsley and sausage. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
This was souper...hehehe....easy and really good on a -20 evening! Most of the ingredients I already had on hand, so no extra trip to the store!