Wednesday, June 27, 2012

salsa....yummo!

Today I had a hankering for some fresh salsa. In Andy's hometown there is a place that his parents go to frequently to buy fresh pico. I wanted me some of that...but a trip to Michigan was too far out of the way, so I went to Freddy's instead.
I got peppers, cilantro, garlic, tomatoes--in the can and out--they are expensive here!, and onion.

Because I have an itty-bitty food processor I could only do one veggie at a time.


I chopped them all up  and mixed them together. It tastes exactly like the stuff in Michigan.
I used:
1 1/2 onion
4 cloves of garlic
3rd of a red pepper
1 jalepeno...I took most of the seeds out, if you leave them in be prepared for fire mouth
half a tomato and some cherry tomatoes that needed to go
half a can of drained diced tomatoes
handful of cilantro

It's perty too!
Hope you can enjoy some tastey goodness too!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...