Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Challenge #1 DeStash the Stash

Our challenge this week was to DeStash the Stash. I needed to make something from my stash of materials etc...and nothing else. No going to the store for anything...just making something purely out of the stuff I already had.

A couple at church just had a little boy. As I was looking through the stash I decided that I should make something for them rather than buying a gift. I found some really pretty brown yarn that I bought on clearance for who knows what. It was in the disaster room I call the craft room, and I decided that a crochet blanket would be just the thing. 

Now, being the expert crocheter I am...not...I made the pattern up. I'm pretty sure what I did was this, 
single chain 130
double crochet 2, single chain 2
repeat until its the size you want or run out of yarn.
I then found some cream and a mutlicolored brown for the border. I used the same pattern around the edge: double crochet 2 single chain 2 I did three rows of this.

And this is what it turned out like:


It measures about 3 feet by 3 feet, and has a little stretch to it.

I count this first challenge a success. I used up 3 and 1/2 skeins of yarn, and I didn't spend any extra on the baby gift! I hope they like it.

How about you? What did you make out of your stash?


Next Weeks Challenge:


Bathroom: Find something in the bathroom to repurpose into something else OR make something you've been wanting to make for the bathroom. Use at lease 50% recycled/hoarded materials.

Sarah

 



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...