Friday, January 31, 2014

Puff...puff...puffin!

At the craft show in Seward, we were approached to see if we would donate to a charity auction for the SeaLife Center in Seward AK.  Because we had another show, we said we would think about it. In the back of my mind, I knew we would. I asked the organizer what they were looking for, and she said anything that remotely relates to the ocean. Could be swirls, could be something in sea colors, it was up to us.

Fast forward and the organizer emailed me to see if we were still interested. I had been thinking about what to make or donate from our inventory. Since our birds were such a hit this year, I thought it would be fun to make a bird that was more Alaska themed. And you can't get much more Alaska themed, sea life themed than a puffin.

So Tuesday night I drafted out a puffin to make. Can I just say, puffins have weird beaks? Cause they do. Took me a while to get it right.


I looked in the sweater stash and found some white and black and some orange and yellow, because that in my mind is what the color of a puffins beak is. Wrong. Puffins actually have a weird reddish orange beak. But being as I didn't want to go back into the abyss that is my craft room, I stuck with the yellow and orange. Call it artistic freedom...cause that's what I'm choosing to say it was:)

I put the bird together and I think that it looks great! Its a cute little puffin! I hope that it goes for a lot of money and raises some good funds for the SeaLife Center!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...