Thursday, March 14, 2013

Make Do March...DIY puzzle

Many months ago I came a across a post with lots of ideas to keep little fingers busy while out to dinner, appts, etc...One of them was to make a puzzle using popsicle sticks and whatever pictures you had on hand. I decided to give it a try using some pictures from an old Tomie de Paulo book. I love his books and the illustrations are fantastic!
 Items you will need:  popsicles sticks (wide ones)
                                 modge podge
                                 foam brush
                                 pictures of your choice
                                 scissor or paper cutter

I cut the picture into slices to fit onto the popsicles. I then modge podged them on. I let them dry for several minutes and then placed them upside (picture) down and placed a large weight on them to prevent wrinkles. I let them dry overnight and then applied 2 coats to the top and voila my puzzle was done. I'm not sure if Aria is old enough to actually do the puzzle but I will give it a try when she wakes up from her nap. I might try some with slices 2 popsicle sticks wide, so there are less pieces...I'll let you know if that works!

Happy Make Doing!
Nathania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...