Tuesday, April 24, 2012

stuffed...

Mushrooms that is...
I got a large container of mushrooms the other day at Costco...and in the very large container was very large mushrooms. Perfect for stuffing right? Andy's aunt had made some stuffed mushrooms a few years ago and I am positive that at some point we had the recipe. But could I find the recipe? NOPE....so whats a girl to do? Make it up.

You'll need the following to make these delicious goodies.
1. Mushrooms...ginormatron mushrooms work best
2. Parmesan cheese(1/2 cup)
3. Olive Oil(3/4ish cup)
4.Bread Crumbs (1/4ish cup)
5. Garlic (3 cloves...or less, whatever you want)
6.Dried Parsley (1tspish)
As you can see I really measured well....but you'll understand why in a sec...
Step one: take all the stems off the mushrooms. They should just pop out. DON'T throw the stems away.


Step 2: Chop up the stems. I didn't use all the stems...some of the big ones were a little woody.

They should be chopped up nice and fine-ish. Chop up the garlic the same way. Put stems and garlic in a bowl.

Step three: add the breadcrumbs, parsley and Parmesan cheese

oh, and the olive oil...but start with about a half cup...or less

This is the consistency you want the mixture. Add more olive oil to get it to a wet but not overly wet consistency.

Step 4: Stuff the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil.
Step Five: Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.

Don't they look yummy?
I was going to try and add some bacon...everything is better with bacon...or so I've been told. I don't care too much for bacon and wasn't sure how it would taste...so I chickened out and didn't add it. I think crab would taste fantastic in there, but I didn't have any. If you try any variations on it, let me know!

hope you feel stuffed!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...