Monday, April 2, 2012

What I've been working on Monday


Happy April!!!  Spring is on it's way here in Anchorage and I couldn't be happier. I saw grass today for the first time since October and can't wait to see the first brave daffodils! 

Here in Anchorage there are coffee huts galore and every time I get a coffee with a paper sleeve I always think to myself that I should just make one  but that has never happened. But after seeing the coffee sleeve my cousin made on her blog Maddi's World I was spurred on to making my own. Mine is definitely not as cute or as detailed as hers but I think it turned out alright.  It's very no frills.  I took a paper coffee sleeve, opened it and used it as a template to cut out a piece of a green felted sweater and sewed the ends together. I briefly attempted to cut out Java like my cousin Tania but didn't like my results so I decided to make a coffee cup to put on my coffee sleeve.  So far everyone who has seen it can tell what it is, always a good thing.  Next time I would use a lighter color for the cup to contrast the darker color of the sleeve. I can't wait to use it the next time I get coffee!

I've been trying to come up with ways to use the scraps from our wool sweaters and came up with this. It was super easy...I cut out 2 hearts/heart, one smaller than the other and stitched them together using embroidery thread. Attached them to each other and them sewed them onto a headband. Voila, super cute headband!

Nathania

Hey Friends--Sarah here---just a quick note about the link-up...It will happen...I just am having a little trouble with the program....so the link up will happen tomorrow!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...