Monday, December 12, 2011

Crafty Bonanza Day 12...woven table runner/rug

I have a multitude of ill-fitting or just plain old t-shirts that need to be retired, so instead of throwing them away, I decided that there was good fabric that could definitely be re-used/refurbished into something new(yes Mom, this should have happend years ago:)...) A few years ago I took out a book on weaving from the library, but never got around to actually doing any, so yesterday was the day.
I forgot to take picture in process (oops!) but if someone wants a tutorial let me know!
This is the finished product. It's a little wonky, and I learned better methods as I went, but overall I like the way it turned out.
Up close view...it's certainly rustic, but funky and I like it!

 I think it wil be a very cute table runner...but I think it really could go anywher as a decorative peice.
It's just the right length to add some pizazz to the table top. What do you think?


GIVEAWAY UPDATE: We've decided to extend the giveaway until today at 9 PM Alaska time...so GO ENTER, by leaving us a comment or becoming follower! Winners will be annouced tomorrow AM... I promise this time:)

Happy Sewing!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...