Friday, December 23, 2011

Crafty Bonanza Day 23....crochet cowl

Anybody else seen the latest craze of cowl scarfs? Well I have, and I decided to try my own! I've seen some really cool cowls, all over the internet, but my favorites have been the ones that are considered cowl necklaces.
To make this one I found some yarn that I had laying around the craft room...it happens to be a all cotton yarn...but I think really any yarn is usable! All I did was crochet a link stitch...I don't even know what it's called because I never "technically" learned how to crochet:)

I used the whole skein of yarn and then wrapped it around my hand and elbow...like you would a long rope. I suppose you could make it shorter, or longer so that you could wrap it twice around.

I think if I make another one...which I plan to do ;)...I would use a heavier yarn or double up two different colors. If you try one I would love to see the results!!

Two days until Christmas!!!

Sarah

PS: DON"T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR THE MITTEN GIVEAWAY! 
It closes tonight at 9 pm Alaska Time.
Winners will be announced tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...