Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crafty Bonanza Day 7....It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas...

  I don't know about you but I love the smells of Christmas!!!  My favorites are fresh Christmas tree, any kind of baking and cinnamon.  While purusing Pinterest , my new favorite pasttime, I came upon this recipe for Holiday Potpourri at www.make-it-do.com, and immediately knew I had to make it! Luckily I had all the ingredients in my house, so I threw them together in 5mins and 30mins later my house was smelling delicious!!



Holiday Stove Top Potpourri Mix
  • one whole orange or just the orange peel
  • 1/2 cup cranberries
  • 1 Tbsp. whole cloves
  • 3 sticks of cinnamon or a small handful of small pieces of cinnamon
  • a bit of grated nutmeg if desired
Quarter the orange.  Put all the ingredients into a saucepan.  Fill pan with water.  Place on the stove on the smallest burner, on the lowest setting.  Refill water as needed.

The recipe should last for weeks, as long as you continue to add water when you turn it on. The mixture does turn brown but still smells lovely. I have had mine going now for 4 days! It's heavenly!

Enjoy
Nathania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...