Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crafty Bonanza Day 21...christmas garland

Andy and I moved into our house in May last year and have done absolutely nothing about window treatments...the blinds seemed to be enough at the time. The previous owners had some heavy duty window treatments that they took with them, and when they left they took the hardware, leaving ugly peach colored spots that didn't match the rest of the room.
I decided that it might be fun to have some kid of valance over the blinds...at least to add some color and cover up the ugly peach. So I made a scrappy Christmas garland to go above the window.
I gathered all of my Christmas fabrics and tied them onto a thick twine/rope. I cut the fabric about an inch to and inch and half wide....I didn't measure, just eyeballed it. After seeing it in pictures, there are a couple of places I need to add some extra fabric

\
As you can see the fabrics aren't exactly one length...but I like the look of it!


This only took me about an hour, with cutting. It was an easy fun project!

On another note...does anyone know what happens tommorrow?

THE LIGHT STARTS COMING BACK!!! WOOHOO!!! This is probably not as important to people in the lower 48...but let me tell you, it's exciting here in Alaska!
I'm super excited about it!

Whats even better though is that Christmas is only 4 days away! Hope you all are enjoying this season to be with the ones you love! We're going to Skype and spend time with our family and I can't wait:)

Sarah
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER THE MITTEN GIVEAWAY!!!



Fresh Poppy Design

1 comment:

  1. Super cute garland! Perfect idea for window treatment at Christmas! Thanks for linking up...we're following now too :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...