Thursday, December 22, 2011

Crafty Bonanza Day 22....yummy treats

I don't know about you but the first thing I do when I get a box of chocolates is go for the caramel ones!!  I love them to death so when I found this recipe I had to try it. Mind you it doesn't have chocolate but it didn't stop me from OD'ing on them :).  They are called Caramel Shortbread Delights and they are delicious!!! I found the recipe on pinterest, my favorite pastime at the moment. Follow this link for the recipe http://www.doughmesstic.net/2011/01/06/caramel-topped-shortbread-bites/.


For my first attempt at caramel's I think they turned out ok. The recipe called for an 8x8 but all I had was a 9x9 so the caramel isn't as thick as it could be and while it set nicely in the fridge once it's out on a plate for awhile the caramel softens and "melts". Not sure I didn't cook the caramel long enough or if that is bound to happen but they are still tasty and just means they have to be eaten quickly! What a shame! :)

Enjoy
Nathania

Don't forget to sign up for the MITTEN GIVEAWAY!!!! You've only got two more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...