Thursday, March 1, 2012

Make Do March Day 1: Draw me a picture




Yay! It's begun....we're so excited and hope you are too!


My daughter Aria is just getting into coloring and loves to peel the paper off and break them in half! I decided it was time to use the 99 cent bag of crayons and molds I had purchased awhile ago and make her some more crayons.  I baked them at 265 for about 10mins. I checked on them frequently and pulled them out when the crayons have just melted and you can't see the shape.
These tall ones are fun and I can see Aria snapping them in pieces in seconds, oh well! The other ones will be tougher to break!


What are you Make Doing?
Nathania

Linked to: natural mothers

5 comments:

  1. they are silicone molds...found at the thrift store, but I think you can get them almost anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I have something like those and i think they were from ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this with my 3rd graders one year and used candy molds. They work too, but obviously wouldn't be reusable for candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea- so simple and such fun! Thank you so much for sharing this with us on Natural Mothers Network!
    I am really looking forward to hosting the Seasonal Celebration Linky Party #7 going live tomorrow and hope you'll pop over sometime-you're always welcome!
    http://naturalmothersnetwork.com/category/seasonal-celebration-sunday/ Have a great weekend!
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...