Saturday, March 17, 2012

Make Do March Day 17 COOKIES!!!

Who doesn't love a good cookie?? If I had my pick between cake, ice cream, chocolate, pie or cookies it would have to be cookies.  I love a good chocolate chip cookie and they have been the downfall of many of my diets! My latest cookie recipe find (courtesy of my friend Beth) is definitely a diet buster and combines all sorts of deliciousness! It just may become my favorite cookie!!

Since I was making do with what was in my pantry I used crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy and I made them smaller as I don't have a large ice cream scoop. They still turned out delicious and I have eaten far too many already!! 

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes 16 cookies.
 
I hope you enjoy them!
Nathania
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...