Saturday, March 10, 2012

Make do March Day 10 Winter headgear

                                      I've been doing a lot of cross country skiing this winter and hate the ear warmer that I currently have!  It's not that it's not warm it's just that it's not as cute as I would like it to be....and well to be truthful I don't feel all that cute when I wear it either.  And as you know skiing is not about enjoying God's creation and getting exercise it's about how cute one looks while doing it! :)  So when I saw this leftover sleeve bit from the fleeces I remade for Aria I thought it would make a perfect headband.

I cut it open made a matching piece with one of my many wool scraps and sewed it together. I added two buttons and I was done. I really liked how it turned out. It's super cute in my opinion but it's a little tight :( . I knew it was going to be close when I did the initial quick measure but who knows maybe it will stretch!






I've also been working on a baby quilt using some squares I made 6+ yrs ago but a little miss likes to sit on top of it while I'm figuring out my pattern and loves to help me sew so it's been slow going!  Hopefully I will have the top done next early next week.


Because Aria is so hands on (ha ha) this next project that her Oma sent was perfect! I wasn't sure if she would hold her hand still enough but it turned out better than I thought it would!! 


I love that you can see the nails so clearly!  We're going to paint it next week after it dries some more. Thanks Oma for the 3D hand kit!!!

What have you been working on?
Nathania

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...